Monday, May 21, 2012

Cell Phone Cases- 1 of 4 Part Series



Hi Everyone,

 I don’t know about any of you, but I really love carrying a big purse. They are so convenient for throwing all of that girl stuff that we all seem to not be able to live without! You really can carry just about anything in those big purses and we do, because heaven forbid we are out somewhere and we forgot something! You don’t have to worry about that because you carry everything that you need in your purse! 

Well, I also found an added treat for carrying a big purse. My husband absolutely hates my purse and he refuses to get inside of it. He calls it “the pit”! Then one day when I asked him for the hundredth time to pull something out of my purse for me, it hit me! I can hide all kinds of things in there that I don’t want him to see! You know what I’m talking about. Maybe it’s a receipt for a fabulous new treasure you found and just can’t live without, or many it’s an extra twenty dollar bill that you want to save for the new Michael’s sale. But either way all you need to do is stuff it in your purse and he’ll never find it! (Sorry Honey!)

 Now that I have mentioned the pluses of a big purse (and probably just lowered the divorce rate in America) there’s always a down side. Like trying to find your stupid cell phone when you standing in line for a great sale at Michael’s. When you do find it, you check caller id and find out your husband is trying to reach you. How do they always seem to know you’re at the sale anyways? Maybe our men have secret gadgets too! 

Anyways, I just hate digging through my purse for my phone! I decided that I wanted to do something about that so I designed these phone cases that you can wear around your neck. No more digging for that ringing phone!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I have designed four different cell phone cases and I will be sharing those projects with you once a week for the next four weeks, with complete instructions and pictures. I hope you’ll find a style that you like or who knows, maybe you’ll like all four!!! Be sure to check back with me on each Monday.



Thanks for joining me. Until next time…

Crafty hugs,

 Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations

Give The Queen A Call!!!



Cell Phone Case- Animal Print



Finished Size: 5”L x 3 ½”W 

SUPPLIES 

Animal Print material- 11”L x 4 ½”W
Black trim
Hairy Gimp trim- # IR2585 Camel by Expo International Inc.Ò
Carmel ribbon- 17” for bow 20” for beads
Black & Gold cording- 1 yard
Various beads by The BeaderyÒ
Sewing machine
Fabri-Tac fabric glue by Beacon Adhesives
Needle
Thread 

INSTRUCTIONS 

Step 1.  Cut material to measure 11”L x 4 ½”W. Turn each end under ½” press and sew. With right sides together, sew each side ½” from edge of material. Cut excess material close to stitching. Turn material inside out.                  

Step 2.  With needle and thread, stitch cording to each side of phone case. Glue trims to top edge with fabric glue.

Step 3.  Take 20” of ribbon and tie a knot on one end. Add bead. Repeat this process until all beads have been added. Attach beaded ribbon with a needle and thread. 

Step 4.  Make a bow with ribbon. Adhere button to the bow and glue both to case with fabric glue.

Source Information

Ÿ  The Beadery-   (800) 422-4472   www.thebeadery.com 

Ÿ  Beacon Adhesives- (914) 699-3400  www.beaconcreates.com 

Ÿ  Expo International Inc.-   (800) 542-4367   www.expointl.com

1 comment:

Christa said...

Lisa, I love this cute little bag and the story is so TRUE! I also wanted to let you know I appreciated your DT calls article on Project Tracking and the form!