Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 4 "Welcome to the Zoo"

Welcome back to week 4 of our fabulous Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop. This week we are featuring the Sizzix Scoreboard Pro Frame Die by designer, and also my friend, Eileen Hull.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a huge dog lover. Right now I have two black and tan miniature dachshunds. Coca Cola, the 6 year old is actually my son’s dog, but I call her my grandfur kid. The other fur kid is my new puppy, Ruby Renee Rojas! She is now 5 months old and she has been a little challenging because I haven’t had a puppy in my house in 13 years. But, she has already captured my heart with her wet-nosed puppy kisses. That is why as soon as I saw Eileen’s Scoreboard Pro Frame die, I knew that the project I wanted to create with it just had to be centered on my puppy.

2010 Lisa Rojas, Stampin' Queen Creations
This die was a blast to create with! It is so versatile and can be used with any theme that you can come up with, but for me, it just had to be with the picture I took of Ruby in her new crate. She reminded me of a little bear just sitting there and the picture just hollered zoo theme to me.

2010 Lisa Rojas, Stampin' Queen Creations

With those thoughts in mind, I gathered up all of my animal print pattern papers and stickers, along with this great die and created “Welcome to the Zoo.” I hope that you run to your local craft or scrapbook store to purchase this die. There are lots of different ideas that you can use with this die and if you’re looking for more, don’t forget to click on my blinkie on the right side of my blog so you can hop on over to the other 60 plus designers to see what they created with this frame die. Where else can you go to get over 60 different ideas for one die?  Nowhere but here. Check it out. You’ll be happy you did!

Wishing you lots of
Wet-nosed puppy kisses!

2010 Lisa Rojas, Stampin' Queen Creations
Lisa
Stampin’ Queen Creations


Supplies

  • Sizzix Scoreboard Pro Frame Die # 656835 by Eileen Hull
  • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine by Sizzix
  • 12” x 12” Matboard by Sizzix
  • Animal print pattern paper
  • Red & Black cardstock by Bazzill Basics
  • Zoo Stickers by EK Success
  • 1/16” Silver wire & 22 gauge Gold wire by Amaco
  • Vivid! Dye inkpads- Hot Red & Brown by Clearsnap
  • Vivid! Premium dye re-inkers- Hot Red & Brown by Clearsnap
  • Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives
  • Wire cutters
  • Deckle scissors by Fiskar

8 comments:

eileen hull said...

What an adorable project Lisa! Cute pups too :-) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for working with my die!

Candice Windham said...

Lisa, this is so cute and a perfect grandstand to show off that precious pup! Love this whimsical style!

Debra said...

This is just the cutest! Brought me a big smile!

Einat Kessler said...

I fon't know which is cuter the puppy or the project. They are both adoable! I love all the animals on the frame and the bright colors. Happy Thanksgiving.

Karen B said...

This is awesome! I love all the fun colors and the way your cute photo is incorporated into the design of the project. Brilliant!

Brenda Pinnick said...

Lisa, this is just too adorable! Your little guy is beyond cute! How fun!

Cheryl said...

So cute and whimsical!

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Your puppy and your project are just cuties! Mahalo for sharing both.